Monday, September 12, 2011

Curse from Canada








CATHY’S CURSE-1977-This French Canadian EXORCIST inspired possession story is pretty bizarre. A young girl named Cathy (Randi Allen) is possessed by the spirit of a dead girl through a left behind doll. The girl was killed in a car accident after her mother left her and her father and took their son with her. Years later the now grown up son and family come to live at the family house. Cathy is possessed by a glowing eyed portrait of the dead girl who makes Cathy curse a lot, talk in a weird voice and generally just act creepy. She drives her mom is crazy (although she was acting weird anyway…). The father (Alan Scarfe, who reminded me of Quenton Tarentino!) is oblivious to the weird happenings and a caretaker (Roy Witham, who reminded me of Mick Fleetwood) comes to a grisly end.

There’s also a psychic woman who tries to help but she has a bad encounter with an evil double of herself and the picture of the dead girl. The acting is pretty bad (except for Allen who's very good but never acted again). The effects run from cheesy to ok but the print I saw had a color problem and was badly edited.

The director Eddy Matalon also made BLACKOUT.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

The Bloody Pit of Horror said...

Ha, well you are much kinder than I. I would replace "bizarre" with "bloody awful." It's been awhile since I've seen this but I remember how cheap and ugly the whole thing looked and how bad the acting (particularly the mother) and editing were. Sadly, I'm gonna have to rewatch this sucker again so I can do a review.

CavedogRob said...

No! Don't do that! Waste your time on something else!!