Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fear Dot Blah

The image “http://www.availableimages.com/images/previews/fear%20dot%20com%20(2002).jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

When I see a movie I like I want to tell everyone I meet about it. Unfortunately if I did that I'd be arrested before I got to the corner. No one really wants to hear my opinions on movies especially since I don't go at all for much mainstream stuff. Sometimes a friend or two will tolerate my "rantings" for a little while, then change the subject. No one gives a shit about the movies I watch, that's why I have this journal so I can write about anything I want to, bad movies, bad music, the weather, life in general and no one has to listen. It's just me and my ravings.

Why do they make movies like FEAR DOT COM(2002)? The director is obviously obsessed with torture,violence and gore and for some inexplicable reason he believes everyone else is too. Stephen Rea (hey! I remember when he was a real actor not some money hungry over emoting hack) is a serial killer called "The Doctor". The Doctor? Are you kidding me? They had to name a killer after "Doctor Who"? How incompetent is that?

Besides, there was also a killer/torturer/villian fighting Charles Bronson in the equally gory EVIL THAT MEN DO many years ago! Couldn't the screenwriter come up with a more original name. Like The Mathematican? Or "The Guy Who Has To Get Up And Make The Doughnuts"? I guess the producers (one of them is Andrew Stevens!) figure any old shit is ok as long as they get your money. But let's face, there have been haunted houses, haunted cars, haunted refrigerators, even haunted movie scripts, so it was only a matter of time before some "genius" came up with this gimmick! Yes, it's all about a haunted web site that seems to kill people after they go there.

Too bad this dot com didn't go bankrupt before the movie was released....

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

The Bloody Pit of Horror said...

You're right, it WAS blah... or awful if you prefer. I don't get the fascination with seeing people get tortured either. *snore*

CavedogRob said...

Then it's not just me. Thanks!