Saturday, October 16, 2010

Cavedog's Law



Hey! I like to watch old TV shows. For the last couple of months I've been watching a crime drama from the early '60's called BURKE'S LAW. It starred Gene Barry as a millionaire LA police captain who solved weird murders. The show was chocked filled with guest stars but despite a usually grisly murder the show was almost always played for laughs (except on a rare occasion). The reason I'm mentioning this is a couple of funny things I found associated with the show recently.

I was watching an episode ("Who Killed Molly" from 1964) where a character referred to Captain Burke as "Captain Kirk". That in itself isn't too strange. But also in that episode there was a character called Mrs. Tribble!

Kirk? Tribble?

Ok, so recently I was watching another, later episode ("Who Killed Merlin?" from 1964) and Paul Lynde (in his second dramatic role on the series) played a character named Dr. McCoy!!!

KIrk? Tribble? McCoy? Was this Gene Roddenberry's favorite show? Ok, I know Tribbles were created by David Gerrold but still....


Interestingly the role of Mrs. Tribble was played by Zasu Pitts in what turned out to be her last role...

Ok, tomorrow I'll have more TV stuff!

No comments: