Sunday, June 26, 2011

More Lon




LAUGH CLOWN LAUGH-1928-Lon Chaney at the top of his game.

He gives a heart breaking performance as Tito, one half of a famous clown act who takes in an abandoned baby girl. Time passes and the baby grows up to be portrayed by 15 year old Loretta Young. Of course Tito is now in love with her but one day finds a rival for her affections in Count Ravelli (Nils Asther). Although the storyline is the familiar unrequited love triangle Chaney once again carries the whole film with poignant performance!

Director Herbert Brenon directed nearly 130 movies including the silent version of BEAU GESTE in 1926. He made his last film in 1940 and died in 1958. Sadly Chaney would make only 5 more movies before dying in 1930.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

The Bloody Pit of Horror said...

I've seen eight Lon Chaney movies so far... but this isn't one of them! Not sure why I haven't gotten around to this yet but Chaney has impressed me in everything I've seen him in so I'm sure I'll love it.

CavedogRob said...

Have you seen "Tell It To The Marines"? This is a great one where Chaney plays a drill sgt. He's great in the non-horror role!